Day #4 of 5 Project!
We have now reached FOUR days straight using the Splendid Thoughts Suite of products. Today I have a neat way of not wasting! If you visited yesterday during this POST, you’ll notice that I have used the half-circle die to cut out four of them using the designer paper. I used a certain size of rectangle for each one and I am using those discarded rectangles for today’s card. Keep reading!
See what I mean?
Once the die was used on each rectangle, I kept the rectangles with the holes in the center to use on my card front. Isn’t this genius? Read more below for all of the steps and measurements.
Card Products Used:
- Stamps: Splendid Thoughts
- Cardstock: Soft Sea Foam, Calypso Coral, Thick Basic White
- Inks: VersaMark, Soft Sea Foam
- Designer Paper: Splendid Day
- Tools & Accessories: Splendid Stems Dies, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Blending Brush
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock 4″ x 3-3/4″. Follow these steps:
- Using a Blending Brush and Soft Sea Foam Ink, add ink to the bottom right hand corner and onto both sides of that corner. Allow to dry.
- Stamp the dotted image repeatedly using VersaMark Ink.
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder to the stamping.
- Melt the powder with the Heat Tool.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut-outs: Use the cut-outs from yesterday’s card by overlapping and gluing with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals over the Soft Sea Foam layer. The rectangles measure 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″.
- Branches: Use three different patterns from the designer paper to cut a branch out of each. Tuck and glue inside 3 of the rectangles.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock that measures 2″ x 1/2″ using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Glue inside the fourth rectangle with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.