Day #3 of 5 Project!
I hope you have been enjoying the projects I am featuring this week for a demonstrator event that I participated in a few weeks ago. If you missed my first two days, click on the home page above to take you to those projects.
Day #3 is pretty neat because we cut out the half-circle shape four times and then kept both pieces of the designer paper. The shape and the cut-out both. Why? Because we use the rectangular cut-outs tomorrow on card #4.
Here’s a close-up look of card #3 and you can see we used the Splendid Day Designer Paper with four different patterns on the diecuts:
What I love about this designer paper is the colored shiny foils on one side and pretty printed designs on the reverse side:
Card Products Used:
- Stamps: Splendid Thoughts
- Cardstock: Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, Basic White
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Calypso Coral
- Designer Paper: Splendid Day
- Tools & Accessories: Splendid Stems Dies, Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Card Base: Petal Pink Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Stamp the large branch image repeatedly on the card front using Calypso Coral Ink.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3″. Use the edge of one blade on Paper Snips to rub across all four side to create the roughed-up distressed paper look. Set aside.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding Ribbon around the white layer and tie into a double-knot on the left. Slide to about 1-1/2″ from the bottom for placement.
- Die-cuts: Cut four different patterns from the designer paper to measure 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Place the half-circle die in the center of each designer paper piece to cut out. Save the half-circle for today’s card and the rectangular cut-outs for tomorrow’s card. Glue the half-circle’s to the white layer by layering at different angles. Slide one under the ribbon. Glue white layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a piece of Soft Sea Foam Cardstock that measures 2-1/4″ x 3/4″ using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Glue over the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Thanks so much for visiting today. Come back tomorrow for a fourth card and we will be using the left-over diecut designer paper pieces!