A Spooky Forest Theme!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Our theme this week is all about Spooky Forest and I immediately knew I would use the Grove Dies. Look how perfect these dies are for my black spooky forest:
I started out with a preprinted background layer from the Them Bones Designer Paper and layered from there. Pumpkins, leaves and my black forest:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Pick Of The Patch
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Basic Gray
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Basic Gray, Lemon Lime Twist, Orchid Oasis
- Designer Paper: Them Bones
- Tools & Accessories: Grove Dies, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Banners Pick A Punch, Pick Of The Patch Builder Punch
- Card Base: Basic Gray Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer 2: Them Bones Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to the front of the card base.
- Layer 3: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Cut with the Grove Dies and glue to card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Orchid Oasis Cardstock 3″ x 5/8″. Stamp the sentiment in the center with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut both ends with the Banners Pick A Punch. Glue to the top of the black layer flat.
- Pumpkins & Leaves: Use these steps:
- Pumpkins: Stamp two pumpkins with Basic Gray Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the punch.
- Pumpkins: Stamp two more pumpkins with Basic Gray Ink on scrap paper first and without reinking on Basic White Cardstock for a lighter color. Cut with the punch.
- Stems: Cut (4) stems with the punch and Orchid Oasis Cardstock. Glue to each pumpkin.
- Glue the pumpkins as shown on the photo by tucking two of them.
- Leaves: Use the punch to cut (3) leaves with Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock. Tuck and glue around the pumpkins.