Orchid Oasis/Sweet Sorbet Color Combination
Welcome to a weekly Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! We have another fresh new color combination for you this week. Take a peek at my beautifully layered card:
And these are the colors we are all featuring:
When we were first informed of the five new in colors that would be in our new Annual Catalog, I never imagined that Orchid Oasis was going to be such a beautiful purple. I thought it would be more bluish. Doesn’t it look great paired with Sweet Sorbet? The Nature’s Prints Bundle has the most beautiful images and dies too.
- Card Base: Sweet Sorbet Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the splatter image from the Nature’s Prints stamp set, diagonally from the top left to the bottom right using Orchid Oasis Ink. Glue to card front.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Orchid Oasis 1/8″ Woven Metallic Ribbon around the card front twice and tie into a bow at the left.
- Layer #3: Orchid Oasis Cardstock cut with the Scalloped Contour Dies that measures 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Stamp the large branch image from the Nature’s Prints stamp set in the center using Orchid Oasis Ink. Glue to card front about 1/2″ from the right edge and 1″ from the top using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Sweet Sorbet Cardstock using Sweet Sorbet Ink. Cut with the Label Me Fancy Punch. Glue over the branch image using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamped Branches: Stamp the smaller branch image twice on Basic White Cardstock without reinking using Sweet Sorbet Ink. Cut with the Natural Prints Dies and glue to the left of the sentiment using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Diecut Branches: Diecut two branches using the die and Orchid Oasis Cardstock. Glue to the stamped branches.
- Bling: Add In Color Matte Decorative Dots to the background.