CASING Melisssa Davies!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! I think everyone on our team is having so much fun casing each other. This week we are casing Melissa Davies and this is her card that I chose to case:
I’m loving all of the layers Melissa used and of course the pretty colors of Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Basic White. I decided to go with the Winter Owls Bundle for stamps and diecuts:
Isn’t that diecut owl gorgeous? And I love that he is in a flight position. I positioned him looking up at the world on my card:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Winter Owls
- Inks: Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon
- Cardstock: Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Winter Owls Dies, Color & Contour Dies, Metal Plate Embossing Folder, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Gold & Silver 1/8″ Trim Combo Pack, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Card Base: Lost Lagoon Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer 2: Lost Lagoon Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Set aside.
- Twine: Wrap the silver twine around layer 2 and tie a bow at the left. Position about 1-1/4″ from the bottom.
- Layer 3: Basic Gray Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3″. Emboss with the Metal Plate Embossing Folder. Set aside.
- Layer 4: Basic White Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 1″. Cut with the scalloped die and glue to the long end and underneath of layer 3. Glue layer to card front at an angle.
- Layer 5: Smoky Slate Cardstock cut with the scalloped rectangle 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Stamp the sentiment at the top with Basic Gray Ink. Glue to card front at an opposite angle.
- Owl: Cut the owl using the die and Basic White Cardstock. Glue to card front at the bottom with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Globe: Stamp the small globe image on Basic White Cardstock with Lost Lagoon Ink. Cut with the die and glue with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the Smoky Slate background.