Easter Is Almost Here!
Hello and welcome to a weekly Saturday Blog Hop from the design team of Create With Connie & Mary. I’m so happy to have you here today visiting with me. Our theme this week is Easter cards and I have two for you!
Because I was using designer paper that I cut diagonally, what a perfect time to make two cards with the extra pieces I had remaining. These are my layers and I used two of each:
- Card Base: Early Espresso Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Flowering Fields Designer Paper, 2 patterns cut at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Cut each pattern diagonally and you’ll have four pieces. Interchange the patterns to rejoin on the card bases.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Scalloped Contours Dies that measure 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Glue to each card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. You can see in the photos that I glued one to the left and the other one to the right.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 2″. Stamp the daffodil image from the Daffodil Daydream stamp set using Early Espresso Ink. Color with Stampin’ Blends Markers in Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie. Glue to the scallop rectangles with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment twice on Basic White Cardstock using Early Espresso Ink. Cut with the Hippo & Friends Dies that measures 1-7/8″ x 7/8″. Glue to each card using two layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals on the opposite end that layers over the stamped layer. Add liquid glue to the end over the stamped layer and press in place.
- Butterflies: Stamp two butterfly image twice using Early Espresso Ink. Color with the Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut out with the die and glue a butterfly to each card using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Dots: Stamp the dotted image using Early Espresso Ink onto the designer paper several times by placing a post-it note or scrap piece of paper on the colored cardstock to protect the cardstock.