Stretch It Out Theme!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! You are in for a great theme today. We are all “stretching it out” with Slimline Cards. I even added cardstock to a #10 envelope for my card today:
The Waves Of Inspiration Bundle makes the prettiest cards. I kept adding and adding to my layers and finally had to say “okay, enough, stop”. I had so much fun with this card because as you know, Stampin’ Up! makes the greatest products. See what I mean below?
You can see my whole stretched out version below and I’ll list all of the steps so you can replicate my card. If you don’t have this bundle yet, it’s a must-have!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Waves Of Inspiration
- Inks: Pool Party, Night Of Navy, Boho Blue, Copper Clay, Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, Bubble Bath Stampin’ Blends, Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends
- Cardstock: Pool Party, Night Of Navy, Boho Blue, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Waves Dies, Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush, Linen Thread, Copper Clay 3/8″ Textured Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Card Base: Night Of Navy Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 7″. Score at 3-1/2″ on the 7″ side and fold.
- Layer 2: Pool Party Cardstock 8″ x 3″. Glue to card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer 3: Basic White Cardstock 7-3/4″ x 2-3/4″. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the wave image at the left using Pool Party Ink.
- Stamp the wave image in the center using Boho Blue Ink.
- Stamp the wave image at the right using Night Of Navy Ink.
- Cut (1) wave with the die and Boho Blue Cardstock. Glue about 1″ from the left and 1″ from the top. Trim the bottom flat. Color with Clear Wink Of Stella.
- Cut (1) wave with the die and Night Of Navy Cardstock. Glue about halfway and to the right horizontally and 3/4″ from the top. Trim the bottom flat. Color with Clear Wink Of Stella.
- Stamp the bird image to above the waves on the left and on the right.
- Glue layer to card front.
- Pelican: Stamp the pelican image on Basic White Cardstock with Copper Clay Ink. Color the bird with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Add a hint of Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends to the wood. Glue to the center of the white layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Pool Party Cardstock with Copper Clay Ink. Cut with the label die. Wrap 1″ of the copper ribbon around the handle and tie Linen Thread over the ribbon. Glue and tuck under the pelican layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Envelope: Glue Night Of Navy Cardstock to the flap of a #10 envelope. Trim with Paper Snips for the shape.