Song title: Red, White, Blue & Blessed!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Just in time for the 4th of July this week as we are all creating cards with red, white and blue to go with the song title. I went Clean & Simple with lots of stars for my card:
I used the Lovely & Lasting stamp set for the sentiment and all of my stars are cut with the Starlit Punch. The punch includes six different stars and sizes so it was easy to layer stars over more stars for this neat center border look:
Here’s the Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Thick Basic White 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. This layer will be used to add designer paper to. Set aside.
- Layer #3: 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper and follow these steps:
- Cut the Sweet Sorbet pattern to measure 5″ x 1-1/2″ and glue to the bottom of the white layer.
- Cut a 2nd piece, Tahitian Tide pattern to measure 5″ x 2-1/4″. Glue at the top of the white layer.
- Stamp the sentiment at the top right using Starry Sky Ink.
- Use the Starlit Punch to punch lots of stars using Basic White Cardstock. Glue all of the stars with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals by layering across and then layer on top of the first row of stars to cover any spaces. Trim the ends.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: add 2022-2024In Color Matte Decorative Dots to some of the stars and around the sentiment.
- Stamps: Lovely & Lasting
- Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White
- Designer Paper: 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper
- Inks: Starry Sky
- Tools & Accessories: 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Starlit Punch