Song Theme Red!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! This is our 2nd week celebrating songs with colors. This week is “Red” a song by Taylor Swift. We are all using reds and I chose Sweet Sorbet:
I used a neat Fancy Fold and have to show quite a few photos to show how the card opens and all of the details. Follow these photos:
From flat to open and revealing the folds in the center. And those cute little flap layer pieces!
How neat huh? The pretty Masterfully Made Designer Paper really added some pretty layers with the beautiful, flowered pattern. First, here’s what I used and then I’ll give you the steps:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Charming Sentiments
- Inks: Sweet Sorbet
- Cardstock: Sweet Sorbet, Basic White
- Designer Paper: Masterfully Made
- Tools & Accessories: Nested Essential Dies, Radiating Stitches Dies, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Card Base: Sweet Sorbet Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Designer Paper: Masterfully Made Designer Paper 12″ x 5-1/4″. Score at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″. Fold on all score lines. Add adhesive to the back of the first 2″ section and press folded to the 2nd section. Add adhesive to the back of the 3rd section and press folded to the 4th section. Add adhesive to the large section and glue to card base.
- Inside Layer: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Deckled Rectangle Dies 4-1/4″ x 3″. Glue to inside and don’t stamp the sentiment yet.
- Flap Layer 1: Sweet Sorbet Cardstock, cut (2) with the Nested Essential Dies 2-1/8″ x 1-1/2″. Glue one to each flap about 1/8″ from the center on either side. (you should see a slight space between both)
- Flap Layer 2″ (1) Basic White and (1) Designer Paper cut with the Nested Essential Dies 1-3/4″ x 1-1/8″. Stamp the sentiment on the white layer with Sweet Sorbet Ink. Glue both layers to the larger flaps with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Heart: Cut (1) diecut heart using the Designer Paper and Radiating Stitches Dies. Glue to the designer paper flap layer.
- Stamp the sentiment behind the location where the first flap will cover it with Sweet Sorbet Ink.