Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! I have a neat technique to show you today for our Plaid Theme. You’ll never guess what I used to create my plaid. but first let’s take a peek at my card:
Any guesses how I created my own plaid pattern? I actually used the mini Stampin’ Spots from our Paper Pumpkin Kits. They are the perfect size to swipe ink color across a white cardstock layer. Once my two colors were added, I used a Basic Black Stampin’ Blends Marker to add skinny black lines.
I also stacked a conglomeration of different word bubbles from the Conversation Bubbles Bundle to create some interest over my plaid:
A tip I used to add my ink colors is to use a ruler as a guide to swipe straight across. I wiped the edge of my ruler down once it was time to switch colors. The two colors I used from the inks are Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Conversation Bubbles
- Inks: Calypso Coral Stampin’ Spot, Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Spot, Tuxedo Black Memento
- Stampin’ Blends: Basic Black
- Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Matte Black Dots, Conversation Bubbles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Misc: Ruler
- Card Base: Calypso Coral Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Coastal Cabana Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Follow these steps:
- Use the Calypso Coral Stampin’ Spot to add lines of color, vertical & horizonal, leaving 1″ spaces in-between. Use a ruler if needed as a guide to make the lines straight.
- Use the Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Spot to add lines of color, vertical & horizonal on the white spaces. Use a ruler if needed as a guide to make the lines straight.
- Make sure both colors overlap each other to create a third color once swiped.
- Use a ruler to add think black lines with a Basic Black Stampin’ Blends Marker. I added lines 1/4″ on each side where the colors meet.
- Glue to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bubbles: Stamp the conversation bubbles with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Basic White & Coastal Cabana Cardstocks. Cut with the dies and glue overlapping each other with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Matte Black Dots to the background.
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates! Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Leave a Reply