Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! I love creating holiday cards in non-traditional colors and our theme this week is a non-traditional valentine. I did not even use any red on my card. Check it out:
The Love Cats stamp set was one of the first sets I purchased when the new Mini Catalog came out because I love cats. Most of you know that I just acquired a new cat of my own recently. I’ll have to show you some updated photos soon of Ozzie.
I like the way this kitty image is just “hanging out”. I even added two solo hearts that I fussy cut and all three hearts were colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers and toppe off with Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Love Cats
- Inks: Soft Suede, Fresh Freesia
- Stampin’ Blends: Calypso Coral, Petal Pink
- Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Basic White
- Designer Paper: Dandy Designs
- Tools & Accessories: Paper Snips, Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush, Tear & Tape
- Card Base: Calypso Coral 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 2″. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the kitty image using Soft Suede Ink centered.
- Stamp the sentiment on the right with Fresh Freesia Ink.
- Color the stamped heart image with Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends.
- Stamp two more hearts using the image of the kitty with the heart not attached and Soft Suede Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Hand-cut. Color with Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends.
- Color all three hearts with Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush.
- Glue the two hand-cut hearts to card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Set white layer aside.
- Designer Paper: Cut the Dandy Designs Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 1″. Glue to the underside of the white layer at the top.
- Designer Paper Banners: Cut several patterns of the Dandy Designs Designer Paper into banners. Some to measure 1″ wide and some 3/4″ wide. Trim the ends into a banner shape with Paper Snips. Glue to the underside of the white layer at the bottom, using different lengths.
- Glue white layer to card front.
- Ribbon: Tie a knot with the ribbon about 1″ from the end. Add Tear & Tape below the white layer and press ribbon in place. Trim both ends even.
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates! Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Leave a Reply