Favorite New Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Sale-A-Bration is in full swing this week along with our new Mini Catalog. I hope you have placed your order or may still be drooling as you create your wish list. Today’s card uses the new Adorable Owls that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration:
I so love the faces on these owls. They just make me smile, how can they not? I stamped them both on Basic White Cardstock with Early Espresso Ink and used the inked lines with a Blender Pen to add subtle coloring.
I also created my own tree by cutting the shape with my Paper Snips and embossing with the Timber Embossing Folder. Did you also notice the embossed raindrops on the background layer. Aptly named the Raindrops Embossing Folder!
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Adorable Owls
- Inks: Early Espresso, VersaMark
- Stampin’ Blends: Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral
- Cardstock: Parakeet Party, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Basic White, Thick Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Raindrops Embossing Folder, Timber Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Blender Pen, Lovely Labels Pick A Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Basics Embossing Powders
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Parakeet Party Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Pool Party Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Emboss using the Raindrops Embossing Folder. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Using a scrap piece of Early Espresso Cardstock and Paper Snips, cut the shape of the tree by hand. Trim to 5″ long. Emboss with the Timber Embossing Folder. Glue even with the left side of the pool party layer.
- Owls: Stamp both owls on Basic White Cardstock using Early Espresso Ink. Use a Blender Pen to add subtle coloring using the inked lines. Color the bow, feet and nose with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Hand-cut both owls and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a strip of Early Espresso Cardstock measuring 2-1/4″ x 1/2″ with VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Cut both ends with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Glue under the owl by the tree to resemble a branch with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates! Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Leave a Reply