Fall Is Here!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Wow has it been cold and rainy here all week. The leaves are starting to fall and the hummingbirds are gone. It’s a sure sign of fall and that’s what our theme is this week. I created a fall scenery with some pretty Stampin’ Up! products:
I added tone-on-tone coloring to the Parakeet Party Cardstock diecut with a Sponge Dauber and Parakeet Party Ink. It adds more dimension to the diecut layer.
Create a card just like mine by using these Stampin’ Up! products:
- Stamps: Grassy Grove, Inspired Thoughts
- Inks: Parakeet Party, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pool Party
- Cardstock: Parakeet Party, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Blending Brush, Sponge Daubers, Grove Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips
- Card Base: Soft Suede Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″. Follow these steps:
- Ink the large mountainous stamp image using Sponge Daubers with Cajun Craze and Parakeet Party Inks.
- Stamp the image on the white cardstock layer about 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Use a Blending Brush and Pool Party Ink to add color to the background for the sky.
- Glue to card base flat.
- Layer #3: Parakeet Party Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Cut the scenery using the large die. Use a Sponge Dauber to add Parakeet Party Ink to the edges and also to the tree diecuts. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Deer: Stamp two deer using Crumb Cake Ink and Soft Suede Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the die. Glue one deer flat and the 2nd deer with dimensionals by overlapping them to the right.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2″ strip of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink. Trim the right end into a banner shape with Paper Snips. Glue as shown on the card photo.