We Wish you a Merry Christmas in Non-Tradional Colors!
Non-traditional colors for a We Wish You A Merry Christmas theme this week for our Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop. Wow, that was a mouthful! I am well known for using non-traditional colors for my Christmas projects. I like to mix things up from the ho-hum of reds & greens. Like today, these are the colors I used:
The ornament images are from the Bright Baubles stamp set and I lightly colored them with a Blending Brush. I also added Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to each ornament. You can see the details with these close-up photos:
- Card Base: Highland Heather Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Subtles Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Coastal Cabana Cardstock 5″ x 4″. Use the border die from the Billiant Rainbow Dies (new and coming soon on January 4th) on each long end. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3″. Stamp the ornament images on the edges of both sides using Bermuda Bay Ink. Color lightly in the center with a Blending Brush and Coastal Cabana Ink. Color with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2″ wide scrap of Highland Heather Cardstock using Bermuda Bay Ink. Cut close on both ends. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.