Travels & Adventures!
Hello! Happy weekend and welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! I hope you are having a great time using our Stampin’ Up! products and that you’ll get some neat ideas that you can use from our blog hop today.
Our theme is Travels & Adventures and I picked the Best Delivery stamp set. I love how you can add different stamped images and sentiments to the truck once it is stamped. I embossed the image with black embossing power and colored it with Stampin’ Blends Markers:
I even added a little bit of detail to the window to make it look realistic. How fun!
This is the card recipe:
- Card Base: Basic Gray Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Brights Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Neutrals Designer Paper 2″ x 1-1/2″. Trim the 2″ end into a banner shape with Paper Snips. Glue to the right side centered over the designer paper layer.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3″. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the truck image to the right using VersaMark Ink.
- Sprinkle with black embossing powder and melt the powder using the Heat Tool.
- Color the truck using Smoky Slate and Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Color the window using the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends Marker. Use the Color Lifter to lighten up the color a little.
- Add diagonal streaks to the window with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Marker.
- Stamp the balloons using Bermuda Bay Ink.
- Stamp the dirt to the left of each tire using Soft Suede Ink.
- Glue to card front at the left using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Bermuda Bay Cardstock that measures 2″ x 1-1/8″ using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Glue to the truck body. Stamp the sentiment again using only the Birthday Wishes line on a 1/2″ strip of Pool Party Cardstock. Trim the ends into a banner and glue over the first sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.