Thanksgiving and Gratitude Theme This Week!
Happy Saturday to you! I hope the weather has been good in your area. We received our first snowfall two days ago. Brrr and I’m not ready for winter!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. This is my Thanksgiving & Gratitude card:
How did I decide in my mind, what I wanted to do for our theme? My first thought was to grab the gratitude sentiment from the Well Defined stamp set. I knew that was going to be my starting point. Sometimes I pick colors, sometimes I pick designer paper, this time I used the sentiment and worked my way around it as my focus.
I love our Cork Sheets and wanted to try and see what the cabin die shape would look like when using the cork. I love that I added a layer of Early Espresso Cardstock behind it so that the color peeks through. The cork also gives the cabin a more rustic look and feel. Don’t you agree?
You can follow along with my steps if you would like to recreate my card:
- Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: In Good Taste Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Stamp the sentiment at the bottom using Early Espresso Ink. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Balmy Blue Cardstock 3-1/4″ x 3″. Stamp the snowflakes using Balmy Blue Ink. Glue to the white layer above the sentiment. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Cut the cabin using the Cork Specialty Paper and the layer that goes behind it with Early Espresso Cardstock. Layer and glue them together and then glue to the balmy blue layer. Trim to fit. Set aside.
- Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon from front to back, leaving about 1″ on the left side with both ends. Tie Linen Thread around the two ends into a bow and trim the ribbon ends at angles.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimesnionals.