Sweet Summertime with Garden Birdhouses!
Welcome to a brand new week at Create with Connie & Mary for our weekly Saturday Blog Hop. I have some super pretty colors for you today on my summertime card using the Garden Birdhouses stamp set paired with our Brights Designer Paper pack. And yes, I did hand-cut the three birdhouses and sentiment with my Paper Snips!
I stamped all of the birdhouses in different colors and then added some very subtle coloring. It was easy to add spotlights of color by tapping my Blender Pen into very little ink to color using Soft Suede Ink. Because the Soft Suede Ink is so subtle, it looks almost rusty.
Join me here as I list the steps to replicating my card:
- Card Base: Sahara Sand Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Two patterns from the Brights Designer Paper Pack. The one on the left is Daffodil Delight 5″ x 1-3/4″ and the one on the right is Granny Apple Green 5″ x 2″. Glue to card front side-by-side.
- Layer #4: Sahara Sand Cardstock 4″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #6: Brights Designer Paper Pack 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″. I used the Pool Party pattern. Stamp the branch image using Granny Apple Green Ink. Glue to card front.
- Birdhouses: Stamp birdhouses on Basic White Cardstock using Granny Apple Green, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight Inks. Add subtle coloring with a Blender Pen and Soft Suede Ink. Hand-cut all three birdhouses using Paper Snips and glue two of them to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Wrap the white twine from the Bakers Twine Essentials Pack around the card front and tie into a bow. Glue the third birdhouse over the twine with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Pool Party Ink. Hand-cut using Paper Snips close to the lettering and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.