Happy Saturday to YOU! Welcome to my blog. Today is our weekly Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Our theme is Loving Sale-A-Bration and we all used our favorite stamp set. Mine is the Catching Butterflies set. Isn’t it neat that you can earn this for free with a $50 order? It was first on my list. As most of you know, I love butterflies!
How can you not fall in love with this stamp set? I love all of the sentiments but opted not to use one on my card and instead, created a note card.
It can be used for a spur of the moment card when you need one and you can add a sentiment when needed.
I colored the images with Stampin’ Blends and if you look closely at the netting, I also colored with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. I also added some of our new Brushed Brass Butterflies because they are so stinkin’ cute!
- Card Base: Pool Party Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Cut a blue and a green pattern sheet from the Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Paper to measure 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Glue to card front to simulate grass and the sky.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Scalloped Contours Dies that measures 4-1/2″ x 3-1/8″. Stamp the images and color with Pool Party, Granny Apple, Ivory and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends. Color the netting with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Glue to card front slightly to the right using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Brushed Brass Butterflies around the netting.