Welcome to a weekly Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary. We just dug out of our 2nd huge snowstorm in one week! How is the weather where you live? I would love it if we had the weather you see below on my card for today:
Our theme is Kids Valentine’s and I just love the image of the little girl swinging. She reminds me of my three grandgirls. Kaitlynn, Kylee and Kassie. I call them my three K’s!
The stamp set I used is the Expressions of Friendship and I added a sentiment from the Sweet Conversations stamp set. I cut up the sentiment layer into three pieces and glue each section in place with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Do you like the way I finished off the pretty Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon? I tied the two tails together with white twine tied into a bow. It looks so girly!
- Card Base: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Soft Subtles Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Set aside.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon around the designer paper, leaving the tails flat on the left side. Wrap white twine from the Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack around the two ribbon tails and tying into a bow. Glue layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Scalloped Contours Dies. Stamp the image and first senitment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color the images using the Soft Sea Foam, Polished Pink, Bronze & Ivory and Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends Markers. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the 2nd sentiment on a 1/2″ strip of Polished Pink Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut the words apart and glue to the bottom right-hand corner of the white layer using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Heart: Cut (1) heart using the Sweet Hearts Dies with Gold & Rose Gold Metallic Specialty Paper and glue to the bottom of the white layer on the right.