In The Sky Theme!
Welcome to our team Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. For our In The Sky theme this week, I opted to use a butterfly because after all, they are in the sky! Of course I had to add lots of flowers, branches and layers.
This is a close-up of all of those beautiful colors and layers and of course I’ll have the steps for you so you can replicate my card if you choose to do so:
- Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Pattern Party Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #4: Pool Party Cardstock 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″. Add the embossing on the edges by using the die from Nature’s Thoughts Dies. Glue to card front.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock cut with the Encircled In Beauty Dies. Stamp the branch image twice without reinking using Pear Pizzazz Ink. Glue to card front.
- Layer #6: Pattern Party Designer Paper 4-1/2″ x 3/4″. Glue to the bottom of the white layer.
- Flowers: Ink the flower image using Blushing Bride Ink. Stamp on scrap paper first and then on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the die. Repeat twice and glue to flower over the medallion on the right.
- Butterfly: Stamp two butterflies using Pool Party Ink. Cut with the die. Glue layered to each other using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. Glue to the flowers using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Diecut Flowers: Cut (2) flowers with the small flower die and Blushing Bride Cardstock. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Branches: Use the two branch dies and cut two of each using Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. Glue and tuck under the flowers.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Pool Party Ink. Cut the words apart and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.