Theme: Favorite Mini Catalog Stamp Set!
Welcome to our team Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. This week we are all creating using our favorite stamp set from our new Mini Catalog. This Stampin’ Up! catalog goes from August 3rd to January 3rd and I picked the Angels Of Peace for my favorite stamp set. Now that’s my favorite set today and warning that it could change!
I selectively colored by adding a little bit of color here and there using our Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen. I wanted to leave a lot of white space. To add a finishing touch, I colored the angel’s dress and wings with the Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush. You can see the details in the two photos below:
- Card Base: Misty Moonlight Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Simply Elegant Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 1″. Stamp the sentiment using Misty Moonlight Ink. Set aside.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 2-3/4″. Ink the angel image first with VersaMark Ink followed by Misty Moonlight Ink. Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Use the watercolor pencils to add a little bit of color and then spread the color using a Blender Pen. Glue to Layer #3. Glue Layer #4 about 1/2″ from the bottom of the designer paper. Wrap the twine above the sentiment and tie into a bow. Glue layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:
Jenn L says
This card is absolutely stunning. Makes me glad I pre-ordered this set. 😍
This will make some very pretty Christmas cards. Thank you for sharing.
Karen in Florida says
Beautiful card, Debbie! I love these angels. Your coloring is beautiful and so perfect for an angel.
Thank you for sharing!
This has been my favorite since opening the new book, and you just made it stunning!
Paula Bowie says
I love this stamp set & card!;I plan on altering it by cutting wings off both angels.Then,they can be bridesmaids & flower girls!!
Kathy Swenson says
This is absolutely Beautiful…Love how you colored the angel. Can I ask what colors pencils you used. This also is my favorite stamp set.
Thanks for sharing!!
Debbie Henderson says
Thank Kathy! I used the two sets of watercolor pencils Stampin’ Up! sells, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and very light use of Flirty Flamingo for the skin color.