Color Me Happy!
I love to color, do you? That’s our theme this week at Create With Connie & Mary. Since Easter is our next holiday, I thought I would use the cute bunny image from the Easter Friends stamp set. I made my own colored embossing when I stamped the bunny image you see on my card:
I inked up my stamp the image using VersaMark Ink followed by Soft Suede Ink. By adding the VersaMark Ink first, it keeps the Soft Suede Ink wet when stamped so you have time to sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. I then colored with the ink from my ink pads and a Blender Pen.
- Card Base: Pale Papaya Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: In Color Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper cut with the Rectangle Stitched Dies that measures 4-3/8″ x 3″. Ink the bunny image with VersaMark Ink and ink again using Soft Suede Ink. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder from the Basics Embossing Powders and melt with the Heat Tool. Use a Blender Pen to add Soft Suede and Crumb Cake Inks to the bunny. Add Fresh Freesia Ink around the outside of the bunny with the Blender Pen. Glue to designer paper layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals about 1/8″ from the right edge. Set aside.
- Ribbon: Wrap Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon around the designer paper layer and tie into a bow at the right. Glue designer paper layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Fresh Freesia Cardstock using Fresh Freesia Ink. Cut with the Rectangle Stitched Dies that measures 2-7/8″ x 7/8″. Glue to the watercolor layer to the left.
- Bling: Add In Color Jewels to the watercolor layer.