Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop with our Create with Connie & Mary Team! Each week our team designs according to a weekly theme and we always have some creative inspiration for you!
This week, our theme is birthdays! I used the Biggest Wish and Penguin Place stamp sets for you today. Isn’t the pengiun image a riot? He just makes me smile and I hope he makes you smile as well!
I love the colors that I used on this card. Happy, Happy, Happy colors!
I positioned my penguin so that he’s standing on the word birthday and holding some pretty balloons:
- Card Base: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Gorgeous Grape Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4. Follow these steps:
- Stamp the birthday sentiment at the bottom right corner using Gorgeous Grape Ink.
- Stamp the HAPPY sentiment three times by starting with the bottom color, at the left and slight over the birthday sentiment with Fresh Freesia Ink followed by Highland Heather Ink above the first one and with Gorgeous Grape Ink above the second one.
- Stamp the confetti over each HAPPY using Fresh Freesia Ink.
- Use the Penguin Builder Punch to cut the base layer using Basic Black Cardstock.
- Use the Penguin Builder Punch to cut the 2nd layer for the penguin using Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the eyes, nose and bow using Tuxedo Memento Black Ink, Fresh Freesia Ink and Pale Papaya Ink. Glue to the black bodey.
- Use the Penguin Builder Punch to cut two feet using Pale Papaya Cardstock and glue to the backside of the body.
- Stamp the two balloons as shown on the card using Fresh Freesia and Gorgeous Grape Inks. Stamp the strings using Tuxedo Memento Black Ink.
- Glue the pengiun to the white layer standing on the birthday letters.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.