Casing Mary Brown This Week!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Starting this week, our team is doing something really neat. We are all “casing” each other. Each week you will see one team member as a featured designer and we all pick a card from their blog to copy. Rules are to use the layout and the colors.
Our first week starts out with Mary Brown and this is the card I picked to case from her blog:
You can see that I used the same colors and layout but added the Bewitching stamp set as my chosen set. I stamped all three hats using the colors and tucked in some branches that I created using the Bough Punch:
Because this stamp set doesn’t have any sentiments included, I used the Hello Harvest stamp set to add one. I kept the same embossed background using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
Because the punch also includes stars, I opted to substitute the gems that Mary used on her card, with stars for my background.
- Card Base: Coastal Cabana Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Emboss using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Parakeet Party Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut close to the lettering with a Paper Trimmer and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals and about 1-1/4″ from the bottom.
- Witch Hats: Stamp as follows-
- Stamp on Coastal Cabana Cardstock using Coastal Cabana Ink. Cut with the Witch Hat Builder Punch.
- Stamp on Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with the Witch Hat Builder Punch.
- Stamp on Parakeet Party Cardstock using Parakeet Party Ink. Cut with the Witch Hat Builder Punch.
- Glue all three witch hats above the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Branches: Cut (4) of the smallest branch from the Bough Punch using Basic Black Cardstock. Tuck and glue the branches.
- Stars: Use the stars that were cut from the cardstock when you cut the witch’s hats and glue to the background.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Bewitching
- Inks: Parakeet Party, Coastal Cabana, Tuxedo Black Memento
- Cardstock: Parakeet Party, Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Basic Black
- Tools & Accessories: Witch Hat Builder Punch, Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder, Bough Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals