Casing Libby Fens!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! We are all casing (copying) Libby Fens this week and I chose this card from Libby’s blog:
I’ve always been a big fan of combining black and yellow, so this card really caught my eye. I used the same colors and layout but added the ladybugs with the Hello Ladybug stamp set and Ladybug Builder Punch:
Once I had all of the ladybug pieces cut and assembled, I colored the Basic White Cardstock body with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to coordinate with the White 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon. You can see the sparkle in these photos:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Hello Ladybug
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Basic White, Thick Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Ladybug Builder Punch, Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch, White 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Cut (4) using Basic Black Cardstock and the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch. Glue three vertically on the left-hand side of the card base, leaving space for the ribbon. Set aside the 4th one.
- Ribbon: Wrap the White 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon around the card front between the two rectangles and tie into a bow. Glue the 4th rectangle to the right turned in the opposite direction and over the ribbon.
- Ladybugs: Create (3) ladybugs as follows:
- Cut (3) bodies using Basic White Cardstock
- Cut (3) wings using Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Stamp the dots on the wings using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Glue the wings to each body
- Color the bodies with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush
- Glue ladybugs to the vertical rectangles on the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut close to the wording with a Paper Trimmer. Glue to 4th rectangle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.