Casing Connie Babbert!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! This is our last week of casing each other and it’s Connie Babbert’s turn. I chose this card to case from Connie’s designs:
What drew me to this card is the layout and all the white space. It just looks so clean! This is how I cased Connie’s card with my own design:
Since we are in the month of September, I wanted to create a project for fall and adding a pumpkin image. I chose the Hello Harvest Bundle and the 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper. Before I give you the measurements and card recipe, here are a few more photos of the details. You’ll notice that I colored the pumpkin with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. In doing so, the brush actually spread the ink from the inked lines to give the pumpkin subtle coloring:
- Card Base: Thick Basic White 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 3″. Glue to card front, centered.
- Layer #3: 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper 4″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to black layer.
- Layer #4: 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper cut with the banner die from the Stylish Shapes Dies. Glue to card front about 1-3/4″ from the bottom.
- Pumpkin: Ink the pumpkin image using Sweet Sorbet Ink. Wipe off the ink on the stem at the top with a Blender Pen. Color with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker. Stamp on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the die. Color the image with Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Glue to banner using Stampin’ Dimensionals to the right.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Parakeet Party Ink. Cut close to the wording with a Paper Trimmer. Trim the left end into a banner shape with Paper Snips. Glue to pumpkin using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Swirls: Using the three swirly dies, cut one of each using Basic Black Cardstock. Glue one on the pumpkin stem and the other two on the left under and over the pumpkin.
- Bling: Add Matte Black Dots to the background.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Hello Harvest
- Inks: Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party
- Designer Paper: 2022-2024 In Color
- Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Basic Black
- Tools & Accessories: Rustic Pumpkin Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Matte Black Dots, Paper Snips, Paper Trimmer