Casing Cindy Elam!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! Our team is continuing casing (copying) each other for a few more weeks. This week we are all casing Cindy Elam and this is the card I picked to case:
I love the bright colors Cindy used and adding the Nature’s Prints Bundle as my stamped images really makes them pop. I chose to add my stamped images as tone-on-tone with the cardstock colors:
For the background of my card base and my three colored cardstock layers, I embossed them all with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder and added a strip of White 3/4″ Frayed Ribbon:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Nature’s Prints
- Inks: Mango Melody, Parakeet Party, Bermuda Bay
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Mango Melody, Parakeet Party, Bermuda Bay
- Tools & Accessories: Fern 3D Embossing Folder, Deckled Rectangle Dies, Natural Prints Dies, White 3/4″ Frayed Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tear & Tape, Glossy Dots Assortment, Paper Snips
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Emboss the front using the Fern 3D Embossing Folder.
- Ribbon: Glue a strip of the White 3/4″ Frayed Ribbon across the front horizontally in the center. I used two strips of Tear & Tape to glue it in place.
- Layer #2: Using Mango Melody, Parakeet Party and Bermuda Bay Cardstocks, cut with the 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″ die from the Deckled Rectangle Dies to cut one from each color. Emboss all three with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ferns: Stamp the fern image using Mango Melody, Parakeet Party and Bermuda Bay Inks on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the coordinating die. Glue each fern on the corresponding cardstock on the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock using Parakeet Party Ink. Cut close to the wording and hand-cut along the “y” with Paper Snips. Glue to card front.
- Bling: Add Glossy Dots Assortment Embellishments to the background.