Cards with Stripes!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! The month of July sure is going by quickly isn’t it? Each week we have different themes to follow for our team and this week is stripes. I opted to create a Halloween card. I know it’s early but now is the time to start working on your Halloween cards. I hope I have inspired you with this one:
The card front speaks for itself and I did not even have to add a sentiment. The black stripes from the Perfectly Penciled Designer Paper screamed Halloween to me. I added all of the stamped and punched layers using the Bewitching stamp set and coordinating Witch Hat Builder Punch.
Here’s the Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Orchid Oasis Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″/
- Layer #2: Calypso Coral Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Perfectly Penciled Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Circle: Cut a circle using Orchid Oasis Cardstock and the Stylish Shapes Dies that measures 3″. Stamp the spider image at the top right using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals about 1″ from the top.
- Witch Hat: Stamp the witch hat on Gray Granite Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with the punch. Punch the hat band using Basic Black Cardstock and glue to hat. Glue the hat to the circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stars: Punch out stars using the punch and Calyso Coral Cardstock. Glue one to the hat and several to the background.
- Bow: Create a triple bow using Orchid Oasis 1/8″ Woven Metallic Ribbon and glue to the bottom left of the circle using Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamps: Bewitching
- Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Orchid Oasis, Basic Black, Gray Granite
- Designer Paper: Perfectly Penciled
- Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento
- Tools & Accessories: Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Orchis Oasis 1/8″ Woven Metallic Ribbon, Stylish Shapes Dies