Cards with Frames!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! It’s all about frames this week for our theme and I created my own frames for the front of my card:
I used the Stylish Shapes Dies and put one inside the other to cut my two frames. I even have two squares left over from the center that I’ll be able to use on other projects. Don’t you just love the happy colors in the Butterfly Kisses Designer Paper? I even hand-cut a butterfly from one of the sheets!
Here’s the Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Starry Sky Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Fresh Freesia Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Butterfly Kisses Designer Paper 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Frames: Create 2 frames using two patterns from the Butterfly Kisses Designer Paper and the Stylish Shapes Dies following these steps:
- Start with the 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ square die and place it on the designer paper.
- Place the next size 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″ inside the first die and make sure it is centered.
- Run through the machine.
- Remove the center square that was cut and save for another project.
- Repeat for both sheets of patterned paper.
- Add strips of our Foam Adhesive Strips on the back of each side.
- Peel the backing from the foam and glue over a Basic White Cardstock piece that measures 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″.
- Cut one butterfly with Paper Snips and glue inside one of the frames more towards the left using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Glue to card front angled on the left side of the card.
- For the 2nd frame, stamp the dotted image in the center using Calypso Coral Ink. Glue to card front angled on the right side of the card.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Parakeet Party Cardstock using Starry Sky Ink. Hand-cut close to the lettering. Glue to the 2nd frame using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Best Butterflies
- Cardstock: Starry Sky, Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Parakeet Party
- Designer Paper: Butterfly Kisses
- Inks: Calypso Coral, Starry Sky
- Tools & Accessories: Foam Adhesive Strips, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stylish Shapes Dies, Paper Snips