Song title: “Two Black Cadillacs”!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! All month long we are celebrating songs with colors and this week’s color is to combine black with a new In Color. I think I have told you before that I love our new Parakeet Party In Color. Doesn’t it look striking against black?
I used the Nature’s Prints Bundle for my stamp set and dies and then added Parakeet Party 1/8″ Metallic Woven Ribbon in a triple bow!
Here’s the Card Recipe:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card front.
- Layer #3: Parakeet Party Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Stamp the large branch image repeatedly using Parakeet Party Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic Black Cardstock with VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Cut with the label shape from the dies. Glue to card front about 1″ from the bottom using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Branches & Flowers: Stamp (1) large branch and (2) flower branches on Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color the leaves of the branch and the center of the flowers using Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends Markers. Cut all three images with the dies and glue tucked under the sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Ribbon: Create a triple bow using the Parakeet Party 1/8″ Metallic Woven Ribbon and glue to the bottom right of the sentiment using Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamps: Nature’s Prints or Nature’s Prints Bundle
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Parakeet Party
- Inks: Parakeet Party, VersaMark, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends
- Tools & Accessories: Natural Prints Dies, Parakeet Party 1/8″ Metallic Woven Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Heat Tool, Basics Embossing Powders