Song title: “Ruby Puts Her Red Dress On”
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! All month long we are celebrating songs and this week’s Ruby Puts Her Red Dress On is Shades of Red and I have lots of red on my card. I have lots of layers and will give you all of the measurements once you view my photos. Here is my card for this week:
Along with the Sending Smiles stamp set, you can see how I used shades of red ink, red cardstock, red twine and red designer paper. And of course I had to add some bling using the new Iridescent Basic Pearl Jewels.
- Card Base: Sweet Sorbet Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Stamp and add the following:
- Stems: Stamp the two stems with Parakeet Party Ink about 1-1/4″ from the bottom.
- Flowers: Stamp the two flowers using Sweet Sorbet Ink without reinking so you get a lighter colored flower.
- Center: Stamp the center of both flowers using Parakeet Party Ink.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment at the right layered over the stem using Sweet Sorbet Ink.
- Designer Paper: Cut a strip of the 2022-2024 In Color Designer Paper to measure 3-1/2″ x 3/4″ and glue about 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Twine: Wrap the 2022-2024 In Color Baker’s Twine around the card above the designer paper twice and tie into a bow at the left.
- Bling: Add Iridescent Basic Pearls to the background
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.