Song title: “Blue Bird”!
Welcome to our Saturday Blog Hop at Create With Connie & Mary! All month long we have been celebrating songs and this week’s Blue Bird is focusing on shades of blue. So many pretty blues to pick from in our line-up of Stampin’ Up! products. I chose to feature Night Of Navy and Tahitian Tide:
I used the A Fish & A Wish stamp set that also coordinates with the Fish Builder Punch. When shades of blue was our colors, I immediately thought of water and came up with this little scenery for my fish. I love that you can stamp the fish and use the punch to cut them out and there’s also a little fin on the punch that I glued in place with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals:
- Card Base: Tahitian Tide Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Night Of Navy Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Add the following:
- Use a Blending Brush with Tahitian Tide Ink and blend ink on all four edges.
- Stamp the florals on the bottom edge using Night Of Navy Ink.
- Stamp the sentiment centered vertically and to the right using Night Of Navy Ink.
- Add the curving wave image using Tahitian Tide Ink all over the background.
- Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Fish: Stamp and cut two of each fish using Night Of Navy Ink on Tahitian Tide Cardstock and the punch. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Cut 4 fins and glue to each fish using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels to the background.
- Stamp Set: A Fish & A Wish
- Cardstock: Tahitian Tide, Night Of Navy, Basic White
- Inks: Tahitian Tide, Night Of Navy
- Tools & Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Fish Builder Punch, Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels