I have two techniques to show you today from World Card Making Day!
Yes I’m a little late showing you today’s projects from World Card Making Day that took place several weeks ago. I’ve been so busy posting with promotions and other projects that I am just now getting around to posting these.
The first set of cards were for a technique during our Live event on Facebook. Did I tell you I have an awesome team? They helped me put on an all-day event. This technique is called the Shaving Cream Technique. Want the how-to?
- You’ll need shaving cream (not gel), paper plate, a few ink reinkers, white cardstock, paper towel, ruler and a plastic knife.
- Spray the shaving cream onto the paper plate to fill the bottom.
- Add drops of ink reinker. About 3 drops of each color.
- Use the plastic knife to swirl in the color.
- Place the white cardstock over the shaving cream so it sticks over the whole cardstock.
- Remove cardstock and place on top of paper towels.
- You can keep adding cardstock pieces to add color from what is remaining on the plate.
- Use the side edge of the ruler to scrape the shaving cream off.
- Wipe off any residue with paper towel.
- Allow to dry and cut to use on your card!
The next card uses the Starburst Technique using Designer Paper:
This was a lot of fun and uses up all of that designer paper you are hoarding! You will need to cut 5 strips of designer paper (I used 5 different patterns) to measure 6″ x 1-1/4″. Cut in half diagonally so you’ll end up with 10 pieces.
You will need a piece of Basic White Cardstock that measures 5-1/4″ x 4″ to glue your designer paper on. Start by gluing two pieces of the designer paper side-by-side in the center. Continue to add strips of the designer papers to go around the whole cardstock piece. Cut and trim all four sides and you’re good to go!
We plan on doing another similar all-day session after the holidays so stay tuned. If you are not a member of my Stamp & Ink Designs Facebook group, click here to join:
- Shop Stampin Up! Debbie’s Store
- Watch my YouTube Channel
- Like my Facebook page
- Follow me on Instagram
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Join Paper Pumpkin with me
- Shop the Clearance Rack – up to 60% savings!
- Join my Stamp & Ink Designs Team