I Love All Of The Prints That Do All Of The Work For You!
Do you create Halloween cards for the kiddos or even adults each year? Halloween to me is a “kids dress up day”. I remember as a child and living in a small town, we did not have trick-or-treating for some reason. So one year, a bunch of us kids decided to get together and start the trend. We all made our own costumes and went knocking on doors. The tradition continued and we were all proud that we played a part in starting it. It’s just good, clean fun.
For today’s card, I used Stampin’ Up! Them Bones Designer Paper. The only stamping you see is from the sentiment. Everything else uses the designer paper along with cardstock. I came up with the scoring sections on my own and will list them for you below. First, let’s look at this beautiful paper:
What I love the most about this paper, are the sheets with sceneries like the one I used today. You can also pair up the paper by purchasing the suite, which includes:
- Bags Of Bones stamp set
- Bags Of Bones Dies
- Them Bones Designer Paper
- Glow In The Dark Specialty Paper
- Glow In The Dark Bats & Ghosts
- Item #162222 $78.75
I have more photos to show you how my card is scored and folded, along with the designer paper scenery I used. I also cut out the skeletons and cat with my Paper Snips:
One tip I used on my card is to glue the designer paper to the cardstock first, and then score and fold. This prevents buckling of the paper. I also used a Basic White Cardstock piece on the back to add a sentiment and some writing space. I didn’t want to cover up the pretty paper on the front. Here are the steps I used:
- Basic Black Cardstock 11″ x 5-1/2″.
- Them Bones Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 10-3/4″. Glue to cardstock. NOTE: If your designer paper has a scenery pattern, make sure the shorter score lines are facing the left side.
- Score at 4-1/4″, 6-1/4″, 8-1/4″ and 9-5/8″. Use a Bone Folder to press on the score lines and fold accordion-style.
- Cut out 3 skeletons and 1 cat from the designer paper and glue to card front. I glued the one on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the cat as well.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Pick Of The Patch stamp set on Basic White Cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Cut with the Stylish Shapes Dies. Glue tucked under the skeleton flat.
- Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the sky on all sections while folded closed.
- Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Add to the back of the card base.