Messages, Comments, Emails, Flowers, Cards and the overabundance of support I felt from all of you on the passing of my hubby Dave were such a comfort to me. Dave is now in Heaven and is no longer suffering from his journey with bone cancer. What a dreadful disease and what a heart-wrenching experience to go through. My promise to him was always that I would take care of him and that he would not go to a nursing home and I did it. I’m still recuperating from extreme exhaustion but gaining a little bit each day. Thank you so much for your kindness.
Dave would want me to try to go back to my daily routine and some semblance of normal. He was such a cheerleader when it came time to run my Stampin’ Up! business, even chipping in to help when needed. Those last months when he could no longer walk because of the pain, he knew I had a lot to deal with and always offered to help in some way. He was such a trooper!
Today’s card is for all of you to say Thank you!
Little Card, Big Thanks! I love the sentiment from the Flowers Of Friendship stamp set that coordinates with the Flowers & Leaves Punch to make pretty flowers!
The leaves are stamped and cut with the punch which makes it easy. I used Soft Sea Foam Ink on Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. The smaller flowers were stamped and hand-cut with my Paper Snips and the larger flower will be described in my steps below.
The beautiful frame was diecut using the Ornate Layers Dies. I love all the intricate and delicate cuts around the outside edges. How elegant!
- Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″. Stamp the tiny cluster of flowers using the border image with Blushing Bride Ink on the background a few times.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon around the card front and tie into a bow at the left.
- Frame: Cut the frame layer using Basic White Cardstock and the Ornate Layers Dies. Stamp the large flower image in the center using Blushing Bride Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals about 1/4″ from the right side.
- Small Flowers: Stamp the large flower image a 2nd time using Blushing Bride Ink on Blushing Bride Cardstock. Use Paper Snips to hand-cut the two small cluster of flowers and glue over the image on the frame suing Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Large Flower: Stamp the single large flower from the stamp set using Blushing Bride Ink on Blushing Bride Cardstock. Cut with the punch. Use Paper Snips to cut the petals into singles. Glue three of the petals together to form a cluster and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Gorgeous Grape Ink on a 1″ strip of Highland Heather Cardstock. Trim close to the sentiment on each end. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.