Mystery Stamping Event #2
For the whole month of October and once a week, Stampin’ Up! is hosting a Mystery Event Class for those of us demonstrators that want to participate. I love taking part in stamp-along classes. You can see that we used our Soft Pastels Assortment to create the beautiful card above, a photo of the supplies I used and how we gathered live on Zoom:
We used the pastels to create the beautiful background along with VersaMark Ink and a Sponge Dauber. If you’ve ever done the Popping Pastels Technique, this is it!
It’s easy by following these steps:
- Stamp an image with VersaMark Ink on a layer of Basic White Cardstock. For this one, we used the cluster of dots image from the Splendid Thoughts Bundle repeatedly with VersaMark Ink to fill up the cardstock layer.
- Using the Soft Pastels Assortment, pick three color and color each one in thirds on the white non-stamped areas.
- Start at the top with a Sponge Dauber and spread the color horizontally across. You’ll notice that the stamped images pick up the color and appear darker. Blend where the colors meet.
- Use a tissue to wipe up the loose residue.
- We added a white heat-embossed sentiment on Basic Black Cardstock and a few diecuts. The card was completed with Black Matte Dots.
Measurements for the layers are as follows:
- Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Basic Black Cardstock 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Basic White Cardstock 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Diecuts of 3 branches with Basic White Cardstock
- Sentiment cut with the Stylish Shapes Dies and Basic Black Cardstock
- Stamps: Splendid Thoughts Bundle
- Inks: VersaMark
- Cardstock: Basic White, Thick Basic White, Basic Black
- Tools & Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Sponge Daubers, Heat Tool, Essentials Embossing Powder (white), Black Matte Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Soft Pastels Assortment