Day #5 of 5 Project!
It’s my final day showing you all of the five projects demonstrators created during our Creativity Now Event online. It was fun to gather with everyone to create and to also watch demonstrations of new products. If you missed my last four days, you can click on HOME at the top and scroll to see them all.
I kept the 3D Gift Bag for last. It was hard to capture a great photo of the bag because the Splendid Day Designer Paper is all foils on one side. The one that I used has a copper foil finish to it. You can see all of the patterns in the designer paper here:
The first photo below shows how my counter was set up to stamp along and the 2nd photo it a close-up of the tag on the front of the bag. I love the Open Leaf Trinkets. What a nice touch to the tag:
Card Products Used:
- Stamps: Splendid Thoughts
- Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Calypso Coral, Basic White
- Inks: Fresh Freesia, Calypso Coral
- Designer Paper: Splendid Day
- Tools & Accessories: Splendid Stems Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding Ribbon, Bakers Twine Essentials Pack, Open Leaf Trinkets, Simple Scored Scoring Tool, Paper Snips, Tear & Tape
Gift Bag Recipe:
- Bag Pieces: (2) pieces of Splendid Day Designer Paper to measure 9-1/2″ x 7″. Use two identical sheets so the front and back will display the same pattern. Follow these steps:
- Score on the 7″ side at 3/4″, 5-3/4″and 6-1/2″ to both pieces.
- Score on the 9-1/2″ side at 3/4″ and 8″.
- For both pieces shown in the photos, cut off the bottom scored rectangle on the side with the single vertical scored line with Paper Snips. Add Tear & Tape above the cut on the small tab.
- Move over to the bottom right corner of each piece and make a cut on the inside scored line (not the outside scored line) up to the horizontal scored line. This will create a two tabs.
- Add Tear & Tape to the bottom edge of the small tab on both pieces.
- Add Tear & Tape to the larger section at the top and bottom of one piece only. (see section on the right on the photo)
- Fold on all scored lines. I folded in both directions (front and back) so the bag will fold easily once assembled.
- Peel the vertical backing on the small tab on the left on one piece and place the second piece over to glue in place.
- Peel the vertical backing on the small tab of the 2nd piece and fold the bag over to form the four sides of the bag.
- Peel the backing on all tabs and fold the two small tabs towards the inside of the bag.
- Fold the larger tab with the Tear & Tape over the two small tabs to glue.
- Finish by folding the tab with no Tear & Tape over all sections. You can place the bag upright and use your hands or bone folder on the inside to push down on the bottom.
- Fold the top scored section over to the front.
- Wrap the Soft Sea Foam Ribbon around the bag three times to keep it closed and tie into a bow at the top.
- Stamp the branch image on a scrap piece of Fresh Freesia Cardstock using Fresh Freesia Ink. Cut with the Layering Circles Dies that measure 2-3/8″ wide.
- Use the large branch die to cut one using Calypso Coral Cardstock. Glue to circle.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock using Calypso Coral Ink. Cut with the half-circle die. Glue to the front of the tag.
- Using a Piercing Tool to add a hole to the tag.
- Thread the White Baker’s Twine through the hole and thread one Open Leaf Trinkets on top of the tag.
- Wrap the whole tag around the ribbon on the bag and tie the twine into a bow.