An Easel Card Fold For Angie Cosme This Week!
Today is Angie’s 3rd week creating for my Stamp & Ink Designs Team. Angie has been creating Valentine’s cards all month and every Friday when I feature designs from my team. This is her adorable Easel Card Fold:
You can see below that it folds flat for mailing:
And this is what the card looks like when it is fully opened:
Angie’s Notes for her Easel Card: For this card, I combined the Country Floral DSP and ribbon with the Love for You dies – Totally in love with both sets. No stamping on this one at all but you could certainly add a sentiment if you wanted.
- Mint Macaron: 8 ½ x 11-inch piece scored at 4 1/4 and at 2 1/4 (1 piece), 5 ½ x 4 ¼ inch piece to adhere to the front, scrap piece large enough to use with the largest “So Much Love” outline and the largest “For You” outline.
- Petal Pink: 51/4 x 4 for 2nd layer (I used Petal Pink DSP – I found the one that had the most solid background), 5 x 3 ½ for the inside layer (I again used Petal Pink DSP), Scrap piece large enough to use with the middle die of the “So Much Love” outline and the middle die of the “For You” outline.
- Sweet Sorbet: Scrap pieces big enough to die cut the last layer (words) of So Much Love and For You. TIP: Do yourself a favor and use an adhesive sheet for the last word layer.
Sweet Sorbet ribbon from the Country Floral Suite:
- About 6 ½ inches to wrap around the card and about 5 inches to make the bow for the front
- 3 ¼ x 5 for the 3rd layer of the front of the card and (2) strips 5 ¼ x ½ inch for the inside of the card
- I chose Polished Dots – 3 on the front
Putting it Together:
- Adhere to the 5 ½ x 4 ¼ piece of Mint Macaron cardstock, the Petal Pink cardstock or DSP with Stampin’ seal or green glue.
- Take the DSP that will be the 3rd layer and wrap the 6 ½ inch ribbon around each side and adhere to the back with Stampin’ seal.
- Take the 5 inch piece of ribbon and make a small bow. Adhere with a glue dot to the front on top of the ribbon.
- Adhere the 3rd layer to the 2nd layer using green glue or Stampin’ seal
- Die cut the So Much Love and For You outlines and words (3 layers each).
- Assemble the layers for both sets of words.
- Using large dimensionals, adhere “So Much Love” to the front of the card
- Add embellishments to the front of the card.
- Add Stampin Seal or Tear & Tape to the front bottom section of the card base – the space that is 2 ¼ inches up from the bottom and ends at the score line. Make sure to just put seal or tape in this area only so that easel card functions properly.
- Take the card front with the ribbon and DSP and adhere the bottom of the card to the section of the card base that has the seal or tape, lining up the edges as you do it.
For the inside:
- Adhere the petal pink layer to the inside of the card
- On each side of the petal pink layer, add the 5 ½ x ½ inch DSP
- Using large dimensionals, adhere the “For You” layer to the inside of the card. This piece will hold the easel up when the card is opened.