A One-Sheet Wonder Challenge!
I have a Stamp & Ink Designs Facebook Group and each month, I host three activities. They are:
- One Card Swap: Participants sign up once a month and send one homemade card to the name below theirs. I post a card theme each month.
- Creative Challenge: I switch it up every month with a different creative challenge. This month is this one that I am posting today!
- RAK Club: Random Act Of Kindess Birthday Club. Everyone that signs up sends birthday cards to each other on their birthday months. It’s wonderful to see all of the birthday cards that are received!
Today I am showing you what I posted a few days ago for the Creative Challenge. The four cards you see above, were all created by using a 6″ x 6″ One-Sheet Wonder pattern along with the Enchanted Butterfly stamp set & Inked Botanicals Designs Paper. If you’ve never participated in or used a One-Sheet Wonder, take a look at the pattern below and I’ll explain the steps:
Once you have the 6″ x 6″ Designer Paper cut using the measurements, you just add them to card bases and add additional layers and elements. Below are two photos of the products and supplies I used:
You can see in the first photo that I cut my designer paper per the pattern. The 2nd photo has these layers:
- (2) Petal Pink Cardstock card bases 11″ x 4-1/4″ scored at 5-1/2″.
- (2) Petal Pink Cardstock card bases 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″.
- (4) Lost Lagoon Cardstock 1/2″ wide scrap strips
- (4) Lost Lagoon Cardstock squares measuring 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″.
- (4) Basic White Cardstock squares measuring 2″ x 2″.
These are the four cards I created:
First Step: The first two cards uses the 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ card bases. I turned the card bases in two orientations. I glued the designer paper layers in opposite corners on each card.
The 2nd set of card uses the 11″ x 4-1/4″ card bases turned in two orientations. Glue the designer paper layers even with the left edge on both cards:
The next step is to glue the Lost Lagoon strips next to the designer paper layers and trim the ends with Paper Snips. Stamp the leaf image twice using Calypso Coral Ink as shown in each photo on each card base.
This photo shows a close-up of the stamped butterfly image on all four cards:
Stamp the dotted image in the center of each white square with Crushed Curry Ink. Stamp the butterfly image over the dotted image with Lost Lagoon Ink. The white cardstock layer is glue to the Lost Lagoon Cardstock layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals and glue to each card front flat.
Add Iridescent Pastel Gems to the center of each butterfly.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Enchanted Butterfly
- Inks: Lost Lagoon, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry
- Cardstock: Petal Pink Lost Lagoon, Basic White
- Designer Paper: Inked Botanicals
- Tools & Accessories: Iridescent Pastel Gems, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snip