Driving By & Marbleous Designer Paper!
Welcome to Day #5 of my Driving By stamp set and Marbleous Designer Paper. I love the pairing of these two products. If you missed the previous days of projects, click on the Home button at the top so you can scroll and see them all.
This time I used the Masking Technique to stamp all three vehicles included in the kit. Take a look at my card and then I’ll show you what I mean by masking:
You can follow these steps to create the masking technique which allows you to stamp all three images without showing the overlapping lines:
- Stamp the car in the front on a Basic White Cardstock piece. Stamp a second image on a Post-It note.
- Hand-cut the Post-It note image inside the lines.
- Place the Post-it note image over the image on the white cardstock.
- Stamp the other two images over the Post-It note and peel away the Post-It note when finished with your stamping.
Once I create a mask with the Post-It notes, I place it inside my clear case for use later. Even though the Post-It note has stamped lines all over it, it’s still reusable!
- Card Base: Highland Heather Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Poppy Parade Cardstock 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Emboss using the Gingham 3D Embossing Folder. Glue to card front at an angle.
- Layer #3: Marbleous Designer Paper 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Glue to card front at an opposite angle.
- Layer #4: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/8″ x 2-3/4″. Stamp the three vehicles using the Masking Technique described above using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Color wi the Stampin’ Blends Markers listed below. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals at an angle.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the Hippo & Friends Dies. Glue to white layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Leave a Reply