Adding Ink to an Embossing Folder with Water Painters!
Welcome to a Stampin’ Up! demonstrators Trip Achievers Blog Hop. I have a neat Christmas card to show you this month for our blog hop. It was something I wanted to try and I really love how it turned out. Notice the ink shading on my dry embossed whimsical trees?
I didn’t get to use this Whimsical Trees 3D Embossing Folder very much and it’s retiring soon. I love it so much though that I’ll be hanging on to it for sure. Here are a few more photos of the details:
And yes, I glued all of those tiny, individual stars one by one! They are from the Sparkle & Shine Sequins Assortment. I used my Take Your Pick Tool to help me get them all in place. Here is the recipe and products to my card:
- Stamps: Kindest Gnomes
- Inks: VersaMark, Soft Succulent
- Cardstock: Shaded Spruce, Soft Succulent, Basic White
- Tools & Accessories: Sparkle & Shine Sequins Assortment, Whimsical Trees 3D Embossing Folder, Take Your Pick Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Lovely Labels Pick A Punch, Water Painters, Basics Embossing Powders, Heat Tool, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Card Base: Shaded Spruce Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Soft Succulent Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Emboss using the Whimsical Trees 3D Embossing Folder. Use a Water Painter and Soft Succulent Ink to add color & shading to the trees. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2″ strip of Shaded Spruce Cardstock with VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and melt with the Heat Tool. Cut the left end with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Glue to card front at the right using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add stars to each tree top using the Take Your Pick Tool and the stars from the Sparkle & Shine Sequins Assortment with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Now it’s time to visit my teammates. You are currently visiting with Debbie Henderson so click on the name below mine. Enjoy and thanks for visiting!