Sketch Challenge This Week!
It’s Thursday Challenge time at Create With Connie & Mary and we have a beautiful sketch to follow this week. Sketch challenges are my favorite and this is what I came up with for my card this week:
I used the Autumn Leaves Bundle and the All About Autumn Designer Paper. Autumn is my favorite time of year in Maine. Right now we are in the midst of gorgeous fall foliage which we call “leaf peeping”. It’s amazing what those green leaves turn into isn’t it? Here’s a closer look at the details on my card:
You can see how pretty the designer paper is with the foil colors mixed in and I paired with Gold Foil Sheets on some of the leaves. Here is a list of Stampin’ Up! Products I used:
- Stamps: Autumn Leaves
- Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Gold Foil Sheets
- Designer Paper: All About Autumn
- Inks: Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock
- Tools & Accessories: Autumn Leaves Dies, Gold Satin Edged Ribbon, Adhesive Backed Speckled Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots
- Card Base: Thick Basic White 9″ x 4-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/2″.
- Layer 2: All About Autumn Designer Paper 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″. Glue to card base.
- Layer 3: All About Autumn Designer Paper 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″. Glue to card front.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Basic White Cardstock with Cajun Craze Ink. Cut with the Die. Set aside.
- Gold Sliver: Cut a piece of Gold Foil Sheets 3-1/4″ x 1/4″. Glue under the sentiment layer. Glue sentiment layer to card front at the bottom right corner about 1/2″ from the bottom with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Leaves: Stamp and cut leaves as follows:
- Large Leaf: Stamp with Cajun Craze Ink on scrap paper first and without reinking on Basic White Cardstock for a lighter color. Cut with the die and glue tucked under the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Medium Leaf: Stamp with Pretty Peacock Ink on scrap paper first and without reinking on Basic White Cardstock for a lighter color. Cut with the die and glue tucked under the large leaf with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Small Leaves: Cut (3) small leaves with Gold Foil sheets. Tuck and glue as shown.
- Bling: Add Adhesive Backed Speckled Dots to the background.
- Ribbon: Create a knot with the ribbon and glue to large leaf with Mini Glue Dots.
Check out what the rest of our team is up to this week but visiting Create With Connie & Mary!