Day 1 of 2 Cork Cards!
Good Morning! Today I am featuring our Cork Specialty Paper that you can find in our new Mini Catalog. Layer your nature-inspired cards and scrapbook pages with the Cork 12″ x 12″ Specialty Paper. While this paper is perfect for adding layered dimension to any project, you can also die cut and punch it to add custom embellishments. Perfect for scrapbooking, card making, and more!
I am featuring two cards today using the Cork and I’ll have two more cards tomorrow. All four cards also use the Gorgeous Leaves Bundle. Let’s take a peek at my first card below:
I used the Cork Specialty Paper as a background layer of this card. The cork cuts so well with a Paper Trimmer and I glued it in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added three stamped and die-cut leaves. Here’s the card recipe:
- Card Base: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Wrap Linen Thread around the cardstock twice and tie into a bow at the right. Glue to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layer #3: Cork Specialty Paper 4″ x 2-3/4″. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Leaves: Stamp the three leaves on Basic White Cardstock using Cherry Cobbler, Bumblebee and Evening Evergreen Inks. Cut with the dies and glue to the cork using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Cut a 1/2″ strip of Basic White Cardstock. Stamp the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler Ink. Trim the ends with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Glue to the cork layer about 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Bling: Add Decorative Matte Dots to the cork background layer.
For card #2 I used the leaf dies to cut right through the Cork. The dies cut easily and I even embossed one of the leaves with the Checks and Dots Embossing Folder on the opposite side by flipping the Cork over.
- Card Base: Old Olive Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp the splatter image diagonally from top left to bottom right using Old Olive Ink. Some without reinking for a lighter color. Stamp the sentiment at the top right. Wrap the Linen Thread around the card front three times and tie into a bow on the right side. Glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Leaves: Cut the three leaves using the Cork Specialty Paper. Flip one to the reverse side and emboss using the Checks and Dots Embossing Folder. Glue the embossed leaf flat and tuck under the Linen Thread. Glue the other two leaves using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Decorative Matte Dots to the background.