We have a Sketch Challenge this month!
Welcome to our September Control Freaks Blog Hop. This month we are all creating using the same sketch challenge that you see below. You may have arrived here from visiting with my talented teammate Tami Hewlett. I’ll direct you to the next person in the hop at the end of my post.
I chose to use our Frosted Gingerbread Bundle for my card today. I used three layers of the Gingerbread & Peppermint Designer Paper and added the stamped snowflake & peppermint candies. Everything looks so pretty when it is well coordinated.
Here are the steps and measurements to my card:
- Card Base: Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Gingerbread & Peppermint Designer Paper 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Gingerbread & Peppermint Designer Paper 5-1/2″ x 1-3/4″. Glue to card front about 3/4″ from the left side.
- Layer #4: Gingerbread & Peppermint Designer Paper 4-1/4″ x 3/4″. Glue horizontally in the center of the card front.
- Layer #5: Basic White Cardstock 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″. Stamp the sentiment at the top using Real Red Ink. Glue to card front.
- Snowflake: Stamp (1) snowflake using Real Red Ink on Basic White Cardstock. Cut with the die and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Candies: Stamp the trio of peppermint candies on Basic White Cardstock using Real Red Ink. Cut with the dies. Glue to card front by gluing the largest one flat and the two others using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Glue the tiny pieces of Gingerbread & Peppermint Acrylic Shapes to the background.
It’s now time to visit with my teammate Melissa Davies. She always has the neatest projects. Click on the next button below to visit Melissa and continue on with the blog hop: