Fun & Fancy Card Folds!
Hello and welcome to a January Control Freaks Blog Hop! We have some really neat projects for you this month featuring fun and fancy card folds. You may have arrived here from LeeAnn Greff’s blog and I hope you loved her project. Here’s mine:
I’ve had this fancy fold on my list to try for quite some time now and I’m finally doing it! This fancy fold comes in three pieces and is so unique:
It’s a Double-Z Fold with a panel on the front. Here are more photos so you can see how the scored and folded sections work and it does fold flat for mailing:
- Stamps: Country Bouquet
- Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Petal Pink
- Inks: Poppy Parade, Petal Pink, Mint Macaron
- Designer Paper: Country Floral Lane
- Tools & Accessories: Simply Scored, Framed Florets Dies, Country Bouquet Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Iridescent Pastel Gems
- Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Country Floral Lane Designer Paper 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Glue to card base.
- Set aside.
- Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 8″ x 5-1/2″. Score on both ends at 1-1/2″ & 2-3/4″. Fold on all scored lines and shape into a Double-Z shape (photo 3)
- Layer #2: Cut (2) Designer Paper patterns to measure 5-1/4″ x 1″. Glue to the two sections closer to the center. Cut (1) Designer Paper pattern to measure 5-1/4″ x 1-1/4″. Glue to the outside panel on the right end.
- Stamping: Stamp on the inside panel. I stamped the two images for the large heart with Petal Pink & Mint Macaron Ink. Add small hearts and a sentiment with Poppy Parade Ink. Add adhesive to the back center panel and glue centered over Section 1.
- Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 3-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Designer Paper 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″. Glue to base.
- Layer #3: Cut (1) frame with the Framed Florets Dies and Petal Pink Cardstock. Glue both pieces centered over the designer paper. Stamp the flower image to the center oval repeatedly using Petal Pink Ink.
- Layer #4: Cut (1) oval frame with the Framed Florets Dies and Basic White Cardstock. Glue over the petal pink frame.
- Flowers: Using the patterned sheet of designer paper that coordinates with the punch, cut (2). Glue all of the punched pieces to the oval using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 1/2″ strip of Basic White Cardstock using Poppy Parade Ink. Cut into two sentiments and glue to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Iridescent Pastel Gems to the background.
- Fold section 2 flat and glue section 3 to the front left panel, first section only.
I will now direct you to the next person participating in our blog hop. Visit my talented teammate Cindy Elam by clicking below:
I love this fancy fold card!! Beautiful card!
Debbie Henderson says
Isn’t it neat? Thanks Deloris!