Favorite Stampin’ Up! Color in Monochromatic!
Good Evening and welcome to a January Control Freaks Blog Hop. It’s the start of a new year and you’ll find us each month on the 19th. You may have arrived here after visiting with Cindy Elam. Wasn’t her project wonderful? I will direct you to the next person participating in the hop at the end of my post.
This month we picked our favorite Stampin’ Up! color to work with. I have so many favorites but my go-to lately has been Polished Pink. I just love the shade of this color. I even made a one-color rainbow with it. Who says you can’t have a rainbow in one color?
I used a new stamp set and dies from the Mini Catalog. You can purchase the Rainbow Of Happiness stamp set and the Brilliant Rainbow Dies as a Bundle and save 10%. The Basic Border Dies make pretty clouds too!
I stamped the sentiment above the rainbow with perfect placement using a tip I thought of. You can see below that I placed the rainbow die on my clear block to use as a guide. I then positioned the sentiment stamp above the die and shaped it accordingly:
I love the look of the ink blending that I achieved using a Blending Brush. Doesn’t the color really pop against all of the white layers? Here’s my card recipe:
- Card Base: Thick Basic White Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use the Polished Pink Ink Pad and a Blending Brush to add ink at the top. Follow that by stamping the little hearts cluster image along the top. Set aside.
- Cloud Borders: Follow these steps:
- Cut two cloud borders using Basic White Cardstock and the Basic Borders Dies. The first one is about 2-1/2″ tall on the right side down to 2″ on the left side. The front piece is about1-1/4″ tall.
- Sponge both pieces at the bottom using the same ink and Blending Brush.
- Add a row of stamped hearts at the bottom of the shortest piece.
- Glue to tallest one first to layer #2 but leave the very top without glue so you can slide the rainbow in place.
- Glue the 2nd piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Rainbow: Cut the rainbow pieces using the die and Polished Pink Cardstock. Glue tucked under the cloud layer.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment above the rainbow using Polished Pink Ink. Glue white layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Clouds: Use the dies to cut out 3 small clouds. Sponge a little bit of ink at the bottoms. Glue to card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Bling: Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the cluster of hearts and one on the rainbow.
I’m so glad you stopped in to visit with me today. It’s time to vist with Wendy Weixler and I know you will love what she creates!