Hello and welcome to a February Control Freaks Blog Hop. I’m so happy you are here visiting with me. You may have arrived here after visiting with Cindy Elam to see her beautiful project. At the end of my post, I will direct you to the next stop after me.
I chose to use the Friendly Hello Bundle that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration. This bundle includes the stamp set and beautiful designer paper.
I used a Blending Brush in the center of each flower just to add a pop of color. Here are more photos of the details on my card:
- Card Base: Petal Pink Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp the flower image a few times at the top along with the bold branch image. Both using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Friendly Hello Designer Paper 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″. Glue to the bottom of the white layer.
- Ribbon: Wrap the Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon around the white layer and tie into a bow at the left. Glue white layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a 2-3/8″ circle cut with the Layering Circles Die and Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Stamp the leaf image over the sentiment using Petal Pink Ink. Glue circle over the ribbon using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Flowers: Stamp the flower image twice on Basic White Cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Hand-cut both flowers, making one a single flower. Add Petal Pink Ink in the center of each flower using a Blending Brush. Glue the double flower at the bottom right of the diecut circle and glue the single flower at the top tucked under the diecut circle.
- Leaves: Stamp three leaves on Basic White Cardstock using Petal Pink Ink. Hand-cut all three leaves. Glue one tucked under the circle at the top right and the other two tucked under the flower on the bottom left.
- Bling: Add Silver & Clear Epoxy Essentials to the background and sentiment layer.
I hope you liked my project for this month and now I will send you over to visit with Wendy Weixler. I know you will love her projects as well!