We Have a Plant A Garden Theme For You This Month!
Hello and welcome to a May Control Freaks Blog Hop. You may have arrived here after visiting with Bree Renwick. I bet you loved her project just as much as I did! If you are starting with me, I will direct you to the next person participating in the hop.
Our theme this month is Plant A Garden and Stampin’ Up! never disappoints with their flower stamp sets. I used the Cheerful Daisies Bundle on my project:
I wanted to make my daisies really say “here I am”! I white embossed them on a Basic Black Cardstock layer and then added a splash of Lemon Lime Twist on one of my layers, the ribbon and the diecut leaves. A few close-up photos below show you some of the details:
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
- Stamps: Cheerful Daisies
- Inks: VersarMark
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Tahitian Tide
- Tools & Accessories: Heat Tool, Basics Embossing Powders (white), Ribbon Duo Combo Pack, Cheerful Daisies Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Card Base: Tahitian Tide Cardstock 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer 2: Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″. Glue to card base.
- Layer 3: Basic Black Cardstock 5″ x 3-3/4″. Stamp the two daisy images repeatedly using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with white Embossing Powder and melt with a Heat Tool. Glue to card front.
- Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon around the card front twice and tie into a bow at the left.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Tahitian Tide Cardstock using VersaMark Ink. Sprinkle with white Embossing Powder and melt with a Heat Tool. Glue to card front over the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Diecuts: Cut (2) branches and (4) leaves with the dies and Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock. Tuck and glue the diecuts under the sentiment.
I will now send you off to visit with Wendy Weixler and I can’t wait for you to see her beautiful project. Click on the button below: