Black & White Split Negative Technique!
Oh you are going to love this technique! It’s a two for one kind of deal. Because the sunflower image is stamped and heat embossed on two different colors, you cut them in half and match them together like a puzzle. I glued one vertically and one horizontally:
I love the coordination of the Fresh Freesia Cardstock and Open Weave Ribbon. The color adds the perfect splash to go with the white and black.
My layers are as follows:
- (2) Card Bases: One with Basic Black and one with Basic White 11″ x 4-1/4″. Score and fold at 5-1/2″.
- Layer #2: Pattern Party Designer Paper, (2) pieces 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Layer #3: Fresh Freesia Cardstock, (2) pieces 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″.
- Layer #4: One with Basic Black and one with Basic White 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Layer #5: Fresh Freesia Cardstock, (2) pieces 2-7/8″ x 1/2″
You can now view my video where I show you how to accomplish this technique: