Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree!
Welcome to a Saturday Blog Hop by the Create With Connie & Mary team. Our theme this week is Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree or trees. I added lots of trees to my card using the Peaceful Cabin Bundle. So serene isn’t it?
It’s so nice to be able to stamp the rustic cabin and cut with the coordinating die. The die actually cuts longer on each side of the cabin to create the snowbanks. I also added a 2nd layer of snow behind the cabin.
It’s hard to show in my photos but I colored every single tree, the snow on the roof and the snow in front of the cabin using Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Oh so pretty! Here’s the recipe to my card:
- Card Base: Pool Party Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Layer #2: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ wide. Stamp the cabin image using Soft Suede Ink. Cut with the die and set aside.
- Layer #3: Basic White Cardstock 4-1/4″ wide. Cut with the snow bank die (with the fox and cut off the fox). Glue behind the cabin layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Set aside.
- Layer #4 & #5: Stamp the image with the 3 trees twice on Soft Sea Foam Cardstock. Cut with the die and glue to the back of the snow bank staggering the trees so you can see all six of the trees. Glue to card front even at the bottom.
- Snowflakes: Stamp the snowflakes image on the background with Pool Party Ink.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment at the top using Shaded Spruce Ink.
- Add Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to the trees, roof and the snow in front of the cabin.